Montag, August 21, 2006

arrived in Saigon...

and on the flight i got the chance to practice my spanish the whole night... which is surprisingly good. I also have a new friend in Madrid - so quite a good start ;)


Saigon shocked my though... 10 Million people and they all get on your nerves somehow. it's unbelievably loud, there are 3.5 Million Hondas always honking and polluting the air. Must have been a dream 10 years ago when everybody was going by bike... but now? At least it's still unbelievably cheap!

The air hangs over the city... here it's always the same 35 degrees year-round. It's supposed to be rain-season but we haven't gotten any of it in the last 2 days... i wish it comes sooner than later. It's a really humid heat and you sweat even while sitting around... i can imagine how the american soldiers must have hated that place.

In January/February I might go again to lead a group. Bernd said he doesn't have time and he'll show me everything... sounds great!

Tonight I organized a date with a Vietnamese girl that i found over the net. She speaks perfect english so that will be an eye-opener for getting into the local stuff and culture...

Also bought a used prepaid-card for 5 euros with 6 euros of credit - amazing!
So if you care to call me, it's...
0084 - 091 825 46 41

Keine Kommentare: